Saturday, July 13, 2013

DCWV July Stack Challenge

Hello!

 We are doing a lot of scrapbooking this weekend. Mom and I are actually getting our DCWV stack challenge done early this month. So here is the sketch we had to work with:


I love how organized it is. I know my OCD is showing! 

So we are still in 2007 Hawaii, I skipped ahead in the vacation because I loved this piece of paper. I like to try and match or coordinate the paper to my pictures and my favorite is to mix and match multiple stacks together.


 I am a sucker for foil paper. I thought this was so perfect for a jungle green theme, so the inspiration started here. 



Layout is done and now to embellish, which is my favorite part.


Done! I love how bright and graphic it is, and I think the two leaves work so well together. 


I found this perfect cream twine for the top part of the page. I cut out leaves using the cricut and added in brads and circles for the little cluster piece at the top. I didn't do the title they had because I decided I would make a second page.


Here is the accompanying piece. I really didn't change the layout very much, just made it vertical and moved a couple things around. I think it complements it nicely. 



I also have mom's challenge page that I adore. She is on Hawaii with me as well, and was doing the cruise part of the trip. 


Anyone who has cruised Norwegian Cruise Lines, knows the Freestyle Daily! We were planning out our day. She used DCWV's new Citrus Stack that she won from last month's DCWV challenge! Congrats Mom!! I just loved all the bright colors, and perfectly does it fit Hawaii?  

So hopefully we can make up on Top 10 this month, or for mom again. Have a great weekend! I think I'm feeling inspired again and off to the scrap room.





In case you were wondering the paper I used: 
12 x 12 green leaf paper: DCWV White Ginger
12 x 12 Brown and brown leaf paper: DCWV Cinnamon Luster 
Cream paper: No idea 
Leaves were cut from Cricut Life is a Beach



No comments:

Post a Comment